Tuesday, October 9, 2007

QuickCert is a telemarketing nightmare

QuickCert is a company that offers information on various computer certifications. I was at one point considering getting an A+ Certification - just for my amusement. The cost turned me away, but not before I had signed up to receive their newsletter. I usually don't sign up for things online, but I figured it wouldn't hurt.

Well, after getting bombarded with emails, I unsubscribed. That didn't stop them, and they just kept sending more. So I had to blacklist them as SPAM, but they keep sending advertisements from different email addresses.

I can deal with spam, but now they've started to call me. A few times a month I come home to a message on my machine from them. The only problem is that I never gave them my phone number. They must have looked me up!

QuickCert is creepy.

No comments: