It's a real estate themed Friday Linkfest!
- Three key steps to selling your house online - Sell it yourself. Real estate agents are way overpaid. When their fees come down to reality, maybe they'll be useful.
- General Electric to sell WMC - GE dumps its mortgage division. It's subprime of course.
- Mortgage rates at 2nd highest this year - 6.73%. The subprime owners wish they had a rate like this. Still about the same as the rate this time last year. Somehow they manage produce entire articles every time the rates go up or down a few base points.
- If housing's down, why are rates up? -
- GE profits rose despite subprime woes - Still not enough to keep them from selling WMC.
- Ameriquest to pay $325 million to homeowners - For ripping them off, yet Ameriquest denies to wrong doing. Each homeowner gets about $800...likely far less than what Ameriquest scammed them out of. Ameriquest wins!
- Brand names houses?! - MBH's opinion on the new Martha Stewart homes.