Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Sneaky credit card companies...

It's one thing to get a credit card offer in the mail every day (or 2 or 3 every day). It's quite another when the companies sending them are blatantly trying to trick you into opening the package. Once I got a credit card offer in a pink envelope marked "Response Past Due". I am seeing all sorts of weird envelopes with misleading text printed on them.

URGENT! Account information enclosed.

OPEN IMMEDIATELY!

Congratulations!

Just today I receive an envelope marked "Shipping Information Enclosed".

Huh? Shipping information? Yep, it was just another credit card offer. I don't think the credit card banks are having much trouble finding people to start up, but these shady schemes must be here for a reason. But really, do they think anyone is going to sign up for a credit card with a company who, before I've even opened the envelope, has lied to me? Why would I do business with these people?

Make sure you shred every envelope you get, except maybe your bills. I can't wait until I receive a "Wish you were here" postcard with a credit card offer written on the back.

No comments: